1. Massage Reduces Anxiety and Stress
It’s said that the vast majority of diseases and their complications are brought on by anxiety and stress. Massage has been proven to lower cortisol levels in the body while increasing levels of serotonin and dopamine, thus helping to alleviate the stress we suffer from day to day, and promoting perspective and clarity.
2. Massage Addresses Low Back Pain
Massage addresses a number of musculoskeletal issues, but let’s single out the leading cause of disability in the U.S. (according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010). Thirty-one million Americans are suffering low back pain at any given time, with over $50 million dollars spent every year spent on traditional medical treatment, worker’s compensation, and lost time from work. A 2011 study found that regular massage to the lower back can help alleviate pain, and it didn’t even matter whether it was deep tissue or lighter Swedish massage – bodywork in general to the low back is helpful.
3. Massage Enhances Immunity
Swedish and deep tissue massage promotes the movement of lymph, the body’s natural defense system.
4. Massage Reduces the Effects of Long Hours of Desk-Sitting and Driving
The most common responses I get when I ask clients what causes them the most pain are these two things. The average American worker sits 8-9 hour a day either at a computer or behind the wheel, causing shoulders to become pulled forward and rounded, upper and lower back muscles to become overstretched and weak, and that’s just what happens to the upper half of your body. Coupled with a regular exercise routine, massage can help alleviate pain, and keep those postural deviations in check.
5. Massage Helps Athletes Prepare and Recover from Events
Many of us aren’t just exercising regularly these days, but challenging ourselves with athletic events such as marathons and Iron Man competitions, and events like Tough Mudder. Massage to help recover from these events is great, but even better is incorporating it into your wellness program leading up to the big event. It will help reduce muscle soreness and tightness, and keep joints mobile and flexible.
- 15% off additional session per month
- Rate charged monthly. Appointment can be scheduled online or by phone.
- The session can include aromatherapy, hot stones, or hot towels at no extra charge.
- Membership plan can be terminated at any time with 30 days written notice. Sessions expire after 30 days.